GIving a gift that supports healthy habits is a gift that keeps on giving. I have a few ideas I wanted to share. $= inexpensive to $$$ = around $100.
1) A nice yoga Mat (www.gaiam.com) and yoga class card at local studio. $$/$$
2) The NutraBullet smoothie/juicer (Bed Bath and Beyond, Target) $$$
3) CitrusZinger- a water bottle with citrus juicer at bottom to infuse water with flavor. (I want one!) www.zinganything.com $
4) Polar Loop Activity Monitor bracelet- (heartratemonitorusa.com) or Garmin Runners Watch. $$$
5) Cold weather workout pants (NO EXCUSES). (Dicks, Sports Authority, Sahalie, Athleta, Title 9, REI) $$.
6) Fleece/knit hat with ponytail whole for girls (or boy..) (New Balance, NE Running Co., etc.) $
7) Magazine Subscription- (Prevention, Men’s/Women’s Health, Yoga Journal, Natural Health, SELF, SHAPE, Outsider) $/$$
8) Personal Training Package with BFW or Holistic Health Counseling Package with BFW. $$/$$$
9) DIY- Make your own (or buy from BFW) Fitness card in a pouch with dice. Put an exercise per card, about 10-15 cards, 2 dice and voila. Great for teens and tweens. pick a card, roll dice- do that many reps of exercise (like push up, burpee, squat etc.) Free/$
10) DIY- Workout Deck Get a deck of cards. Make a card out of a blank index. Write on index: Hearts= Burpees, Diamond= Push ups, Clubs= squat/overhead press, Spades= dips with alt kicks on chair/step/bench. VOILA. (Saw it on biggest loser, can’t take credit…) $